”It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge”
(Albert Einstein, scientist)
Teachers play an important role in the lives of children, families and communities. Each month, RIS will recognize an outstanding teacher at Roots International Schools and highlight her/his achievements. Our dedicated and determined teachers strive everyday to make a difference in the life of a child. Therefore, we would like to salute those teachers who are enthusiastic about teaching and devote themselves to the teaching profession. Roots International Schools present Teacher of the Month award to recognize and reward the commitment of its teachers.
The selection process for the nominees for the award of Teacher of the Month is as follows:
- The Branch Heads should fill the Teacher Nomination Form (TNF-001) and send to the Head Office before 20th of every month.
- All nominations will be reviewed by Department of Quality, Curriculum and Assessment in the light of the monitoring report and Human Resource Management for compliance with RIS standards for performance evaluation and verification of no disciplinary action within the preceding six (06) months
- The decision taken by the above mentioned departments will revolve around selecting one teacher based on the nominations from the whole RIS branches.
- Only one nominee will receive the award who best meets the selection criteria.
- The selection of the teachers will be based on the fact that a teacher nominated has not won an Employee of the Month Award in the previous one year.
- Excellence in the Classroom – engaging instructional practices that advance students to higher levels of academic achievement.
- Motivation– having the ability to motivate and encourage students to advance past their expectations both academically and socially.
- Leadership– serving as a positive role model for students in the classroom, and throughout the school.
- Creativity and Innovation– demonstrating creativity and imagination and teaching in a way that inspires students to learn.
- Dedication & Commitment– showing excellent attendance, punctuality and a desire to see students advance.
- Manner of Communication– communicating articulately to their classrooms, colleagues and beyond.
The Teacher of the Month Award includes:
- Cash award
- Appreciation Letter
- Announcement on the Roots International Schools website