Microsoft Office365 sign in
The RIS has provided you with an Office 365 account. This account includes a personal email address as well as access to the most recent versions of Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, TEAMS, ONENOTE, SWAY and Class NOTEBOOKS. Additionally, your account includes online file storage space (OneDrive) so you can access your work on any device anytime from anywhere.Therefore, These tools will help you to complete your school work and collaborate on assignments and projects with your teachers and classmates outside the classroom even. You can access these tools online, or, you can install the desktop versions of these programs for use on your home computers.
Office 365 has been provided to you to empower you and your teacher to used digital tools to enhance your educational experience. It is your responsibility to make sure that your use of these tools is appropriate and for educational purposes only. Therefore, it is important that you do not store personal information (confidential or personally identifiable information) on your OneDrive account or share personal information through your Outlook email account. Please review the list of acceptable and unacceptable uses below. If you have questions, please ask your teacher.
Note: inappropriate use may lead to the suspension of your Office 365 account and other disciplinary consequences.
Acceptable Uses/Types of Information
- Classroom assignments, research notes,presentations, school based projects (avoiding assignments that involve personally identifiable, sensitive or confidential information)
- Curriculum-based multimedia objects createdby students (videos, pictures, audio files, animations, etc.)
- Curriculum based quizzes, tests, surveys
- Formative assessment material (e.g., teacher comments, peer feedback)
- Calendars for assignment dates and project deadlines
- Communication with teachers and other students related to these acceptable educational purposes (avoiding personally identifiable, sensitive or confidential information)
Unacceptable Uses/Types of Information
- Personal contact information (e.g., home addresses, phone numbers, email address)
- Confidential, sensitive personal information
- Any personally identifiable information (i.e.,full names, addresses, emails, contact information) about other persons (e.g., any other student, teacher, parent, family member)
- Student records (e.g, student attendance, schedule, grades, report cards, etc)
- Classroom assignments involving sensitive or confidential personal information, (e.g., a family history assignment with full names,birth dates, birth locations, etc. of family members)
- Health information (e.g. specialist assessments, psychology reports, IEPs)
- Any files in violation of copyright (e.g.,illegally obtained music, videos, copyrighted images)
- Any form of harassment or bullying behaviour
Accessing Your 365 Account
Step 1: Go to portal.office.com
Step 2: Enter your username and click “Next”
Step 3: Enter your password (reset@123) and click “Sign in”
Step 4: Re Enter your own password which should be at least 8 character with one special character , one digit and one capital letter
That’s it! You’re in!
Installing Office (desktop edition)
While Office 365 tools are handy for quick edits and word processing, you may want access to the full features of the desktop version of Office while working from home. Your Office 365 account allows you to download and install the full Office 2016 suite on up to five computers. You can now use the newest version of Office at home, free of charge! To install Office 2016, follow these steps:
Step 1: Login to Office 365
Step 2: Click on the “Install Office 2016” button at the top right of the homepage
Step 3: The program will start to download immediately- you should see a pop-up window (shown on the right). Once the download is complete, click “Run” when prompted and then click “Yes” to install the program.
Step 4: Connect to your Office 365 Account – after the program is installed, you will need to sign in with your Office 365 username and password. This is necessary to authorize your subscription.